Thread: Gateway Webcam Graph Render Fail

I have bought a Gateway Webcam recently and when I used it for the first time it was working fine. But just after that when i turned it off and then then tried to turn it it immediately gave me an error saying that Graph Render Fail. I have never come accross this problem or even heard about it? There was a Camera Assitant given with it but it was not of any help either. Please help me in this case, as I am out of clues here.

Re: Gateway Webcam Graph Render Fail

There is an easy solution for this issue. This problem might have happened because of other software that you have downloaded which might have corrupted the camera assistant software. In your windows vista, go to control panel and in there go to Program and Features. Click on camera assistant software, it should be around 90 mb approximately. Now you have to click on the same software and you will get an option to repair it, simply do it and then the problem will fade away for sure.

Actually, the gateway camera that you are using is nothing but a procut from a company CHICONY which is a USB 2.0 CAMERA. And this all details you can easily find by going into device manager and under the devices list go into driver and then driver provider. Previously IBM used to have driver for this webcam but the link to that driver is misplaced, anyhow you can search for a file name called 63cn09ww.exe by googling it and download and install it on your Vista pc in order to use the webcam. Hope thath helps you out.