Thread: My nvidia nforce networking controller driver can't load

My nvidia nforce networking controller driver can't load

I have recently upgraded to Windows Vista from Windows XP and have installed all the drivers that was required for the hardwares. The only thing that is not working after installing all the drivers is the nvidia nforce networking controller that is onboard on my motherboard. I have downloaded the latest driver for this controller and I have double checked that it is the correct version for my operating system. I dont think that there is some issue with the lan adapter on my laptop. But the device status in control panel gives this error message "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)". Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

RE: My nvidia nforce networking controller driver can't load

Well, if you want some help for your problem then always remember to give full information by providing the make or model of the laptop that you are using. You should also know that drivers for hardware devices should be also downloaded from their official manufacturer's website and not from microsoft, unless if it is a microsoft product.

Even I was having same problem but now i have fixed it. If you are tying to install drivers and you have 2 networking controllers listed but not single one of them starting then you should uninstall them and also the driver. When you do this, then one controller will be killed and so after that you can right click on top of the tree and get it to find for a new devices. After it is done then you should go to windows update and ask it to check for updates. It will find a NVIDIA Networking controller driver update which you have to download and then install. After installation restart the pc and then your networking controllers will work again.