Thread: Reg Inability to Use My Sony DVD Writer

Reg Inability to Use My Sony DVD Writer

I have recently bought a new Sony Dvd Writer, which I am using on Windows Vista. I have also installed Nero Essentials that came with this writer. This dvd writer worked properly for many months, but later when I tried to upgrade Nero Essentials to latest version, I started getting problem with the drive and error like INCD could not be started. So I uninstalled the Nero latest version and when I tried to install old version of nero, its dvd was not viewable since the drive wasnt showing up in my computer. So i tried updating the device driver for this dvd writer, uninstalling and reinstalling same, but it didnt help. When I check properties in device manager under DVD rom, then it is giving me error Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)". Is there anyone who can solve this querie for me. Thank you.

RE: Reg Inability to Use My Sony DVD Writer

There is an easy fix to this problem by removing the upper filters and lower filters in registry editor. For more detailed information, refer to the below suggestions:

1. First of all, click on Start.
    2. After that in the search bar, type regedit and press enter. If you are ask for an admin password then type it and click continue.
    3. You have to now find the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4. Here you will see UpperFilters at the right side area, just right click on it and delete it.
    5. Again, you will see LowerFilters at the right side area, just right click on it and delete it.
    6. Close the registry editor and then restart the pc.
    7. The dvd writer will be working fine now.

You can even try to do a System Restore on your computer, and get back to a time when the dvd writer was working fine with the older version of Nero Essentials. To access System Restore, click the Start button, then go to All Programs, Accessories, System Tools. Here Vista will offer an automatic restore point or you can choose a date when eveything was working fine, just click on it and the restoration will begin. Once it is done, your computer will restart and then the dvd writer will start to work properly.