Thread: Dell Inspiron 1505 Resolution settings are lost after waking from sleep mode

Dell Inspiron 1505 Resolution settings are lost after waking from sleep mode

I am using a old Dell Inspiron laptop. It is quiet old that came with XP before. It was working quiet fine until I had upgraded to Vista. I never thought that Vista might screw up the system so badly. First after upgrade when the system rebooted there is black screen. I had tried to boot in safe mode and kept the resolution to minimum. But still it is completely low. It has a internal small nvidia gpu. I thought this would help to get valid graphic output. This looks some kind of serious bug. There is no sound, no driver, no lan working. It is a entirely a useless system. What are the options available here that can help me to fix it.

Go in Device Manager. You can find a list of unknown devices in it. The first thing that you can do is locate your motherboard model. Download appropriate Vista drivers for that. If you are not able to find any driver for it, then you have to get back on XP. That is the only way to use your system in properly.