Thread: Line-in to sound card - no sound, no volume display

Line-in to sound card - no sound, no volume display

I have got myself a Phonograph player that has no sound into line-in on SigmaTel sound card. This was previously working with Windows XP but when I upgraded to Vista, it stopped working. The speakers are working great on anything else. When i go into the speakers properties, the line-in is mute by default and i cant even unmute it because when i go into the settings that is described by Vista help, it only displays volume control and other items and therefore I am not able to record as well. Is there anything that can be done to resolve this problem.

Re: Line-in to sound card - no sound, no volume display

The output from this phonograph player which is just a turntable kind of device will be far too low if it is connected into a stereo system for a computer input. So therefore you will have to plug it into an amplifier system with a line out and then connect it in your computer. You can even try to purchase an inline amplifier that can duplicate the function. Hope that this helps.

Even I was facing a similar kind of issue with the onboard SigmaTel audio that I was having onboard on my system and it also started after i updated from windows xp to vista. So after immense search I found an updated driver for this SigmaTel audio for my motherboard from an Intel site and downloaded and installed the same and now the problem seems to be solved for me. You could also try to do the same and it will definitely work for you.