Thread: Belkin F5D7050 Wireless G USB Adapter

Belkin F5D7050 Wireless G USB Adapter

I am having a Windows Vista computer since past few months and use to keep it update always with Windows Update. 4 days ago I saw I driver update for Belkin F5D7050 Wireless G USB Adapter during performing windows update. As it was come from Microsoft, I simply updated the same. After the installation I got prompted for restarting the computer, well I said ok. My PC got stuck on the “Shutting Down” screen for about 10 minutes and atlast I finally needed to turn of the power to shut it down.

Next when I tried to restart the system, it just refused to boot up. It went through the POST fine, through the initial Vista boot-up screens, later the screen turned into blank and freezed again. Once I pulled of the adapter the PC booted fine. When my system booted completely, I plugged it again in but seems dead in the device manager.

I downloaded latest drivers from Belkin’s official page but that too dint worked for me anymore. Can anyone help me please ?

You should try rolling back to the old driver where it was working fine. You can do it from the Device Manager itself. Just click it in the device manager and select properties, go to drivers tab and click Roll back Driver.

See if it works, reply back with the results.

Re: Belkin F5D7050 Wireless G USB Adapter

Thanks for the help buddy. Rolling back to the old driver worked for me but that was surprising. I mean new drivers wont work but old drivers work. Is there any specific reason for the same ?

Even I am facing the same problem. There was no problem during the driver installation but after that neither my system wants to shut down nor to start. I tried rolling back to the older driver but in my case the option is grayed out. I don’t have any old driver to install. What can I do ?

Re: Belkin F5D7050 Wireless G USB Adapter

First of all I guess you might have got the CD with the adapter, right ? Yiou should try installing the drivers right from there because it contains the drivers that worked on your PC before updating it. Alternatively you can check out the following belkin page to download the drivers: http://www.belkin.com/support/ab/c/