Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Dell Inspiron 1420 Speakers not working

Vista Hardware Devices

Old 12-11-2007

Dell Inspiron 1420 Speakers not working

I have recently bought a new Dell Inispiron 1420 laptop which came pre-installed with Windows Vista. The speakers on this laptop is not working at all, even after trying all the alternative methods that i have used to troubleshoot it, but headphones are working fine. I went into Control Panel and then Sound and then Audio Devices and everything over there seems to be working fine. When i open the speaker tab then it was displaying that "This device is working properly", but even though the speakers are still not working. When i checked the sound drivers in Device manager then it was also not showing any yellow exclamation mark. Is there any fix to this problem?

Old 12-11-2007

Re: Dell Inspiron 1420 Speakers not working

Have you tried going into Control Panel and from there to the Hardware Sound and here oyu have to choose the Manage Audio Devices option under Sound. After that select the speaker options and then try to configure its button. Now check to see, whether you are able to get the speakers to work properly or not.
Old 12-06-2009

Incase if you havent able to resolve the problem with teh internal speakers then I might be able to help you out to get things to work. Well, you have said that the headphone is working fine, so that means we can assume that the drivers and other configs are working fine as well. So, this makes me belive that the speakers might be ata fault altogether, which needs to be replaced or maybe the plug on the motherboard needs to be reseated where the speaker wires are connected.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Tags: , , ,