Thread: READ THIS IF YOU CANNOT GET DRIVE TO READ DISK TO FIX VISTA ERROR!

Read This If You Cannot Get Drive To Read Disk To Fix Vista Error!

Hello guys, I don’t have any query. Just came to share something. Since yesterday I was trying to get data from one of my important CDs but my system was just unable to read the same. Whenever I was clicking my CD drive (after inserting the CD in the drive), it use to tell me “There is no Disk, please insert the disk”. After lots of research, finally I managed to fix it. And here is how to do the same:

• Start by typing the ‘regedit’ in the start menu search filed and press enter. This will open registry editor.
    • Now navigate to the following locations:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    • Here on the right side, you will find a key named ‘UpperFilters’, just right click and delete the same.
    • Now look for the ‘LowerFilters’ at the same place, right click and delete this as well.
    • Close the Registry and restart the computer.

That’s it. I followed the same and when my system booted back my drive was able to read the CD and there was no more Enter Disk problem. For more help, on this you can check the KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461/en-us

Re: READ THIS IF YOU CANNOT GET DRIVE TO READ DISK TO FIX VISTA ERROR!

Thanks for the suggestion buddy but I have a problem here. I was looking for the same since long time because I use to get the error mentioned above about the disk more frequently. Many times my CD drive use to be unable to read disks. Now as you suggested to delete the Upper and Lower filter keys, I went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} location but there is no such keys.

What can I do to fix this ?

Re: READ THIS IF YOU CANNOT GET DRIVE TO READ DISK TO FIX VISTA ERROR!

I too went in regedit but the UpperFilter and LowerFilter entries are not there!

I'm at a loss at what to do.