Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Problem Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 - Bluetooth

Vista Hardware Devices

Old 18-10-2007

Problem Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 - Bluetooth

I have got a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 which used to work fine but it has now started to act weird. If i keep the mouse on the charge pad, its battery wont charge. This issue has started when I updated the mouse driver which was supplied in Vista update from microsoft. I have already checked the battery and it is working properly. I need some help on this issue.

Old 22-10-2007

I think that you need to re-check the battery of the mouse, because by reading your question, it seems to me that it is not a device or either a driver problem. You can try to do one thing which will tell you if it is a battery problem. Just open up the battery compatment adn then spin the battery around by keeping it inside the mouse with your fingers and then see if the battery is charging or not. This will let you know whether you have to purchase a new battery or so.
Old 19-11-2008

You can also try to flip the mouse charger's AC adapter and see if the positive and negative leads are swapped, to do this you can simply unplug the AC adapter and then rotate it to 180 degrees and plug it back in. This flipping has worked me which was told by a friend. Or either try the above suggestion which has worked for many other as well.
Old 11-01-2009

Another option that I performed was to reconnect the keyboard to the bluetooth adapter. This can be done by holding down the connect button on the bottom of the keyboard for over 10 seconds and doing so, you should re-dock the keyboard into the station and check if you are able to get a steady green light, indicating that the keyboard is charging. Hope that this helps.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Tags: , ,