Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Vista 64 bit Boot Manager (0xc0000428)

Vista Hardware Devices

Old 24-09-2007

Vista 64 bit Boot Manager (0xc0000428)

I have recently installed Windows Vista on my system and it used to work fine for a couple of months, but just 2 days before, I started getting some problems with it, when ever i try to boot it then i can only get error message saying that:

Quote:
"A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source."

Info: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file.
So I tried to perform a System Repair from the Vista Installation Disk. As soon as I get the boot from CD option, I get the same Windows Boot Manager error that is listed above. The same OS dvd is wotking fine on other computer. Can anyone think of solution for this problem.

Old 24-09-2007

Re: Vista 64 bit Boot Manager (0xc0000428)

Have you tried using the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot the Windows Vista Repair issue. Windows Vista has a tool on the command line called Bootrec.exe that is useful for these situations. To enter the command line or start in Safe mode with command line or, as in this case, in the recovery options we can choose the command line to fix this issue. You press Enter after each of the following command given below that normally creates a boot sector to fix startup issue:
  1. Bootrec.exe /Fixmbr
  2. Bootrec.exe /FixBoot
  3. Bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd
More information can be found here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392
Old 24-09-2007

Have you set the CD to Boot as the first device, by going into the BIOS and then starting up the repair functions. If that still gives you same problem then it might be possible that the CD might not be a Bootable one or there could some problem with the DVD drive or some other hardware itself. Try changing the DVD drive or its cable perhaps, once you are able to boot with the cd then use the bootrec /fixmbr and many other command lines that is given in the above post tot fix the issue.
Old 17-09-2010

Re: Vista 64 bit Boot Manager (0xc0000428)

I have exactly the same error with a laptop toshiba A300! I read what you suggested for solution and I am ready to start this procedure.
I need your help in installing the BIOS in the formatted disk.
Please let me know which steps you followed.

Thank you in advance

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Tags: , , ,