Thread: Dynex DX SC51 No vista drivers?

Dynex DX SC51 No vista drivers?

I have a Dynex DX-SC5.1 sound card in my computer and I am looking for a driver that will work under Windows Vista. I have tried searching for the driver on the net, but couldnt find any, so is there anyone who can give me a link to download the driver for this sound card, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help in advance.

RE: Dynex DX SC51 No vista drivers?

I think that this is a pretty old sound card and therefore there might be no driver available for same which will work in Vista operating system. It depends onto their manufacturer whether they will release any driver for same or not. You can ask them about this information and if they are no options left then you will have to replace the sound card with some other that will work in Vista. I dont think that there is any kind of tricks that can be done to get this sound card working in Vista as well.

You can download the VIA Envy24 Family Audio Driver which will work fine in Vista for this sound card from here - http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/Envy2...riverV560C.zip. You can either choose to simply install it in the normal procedure or if it doesnt work, then choose to install it in Windows XP compatiblity mode. It will definitely work for you.

Re: Dynex DX SC51 No vista drivers?

You can also download Driver Genius Professional software that can find drivers by detecting the name and manufacturer of the device from a database of 30,000 references. Drivers can be updated regularly with a tool "Live Update" on daily synchronizing basis. This software makes it possible to backup all your drivers (graphics card, network, etc) into a location, or create an executable file that you can run after reinstallation to recover instantly.
    Last edited by aadensdad; 05-01-2009 at 12:51 AM.