Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

What does SATA Legacy Port & or Native IDE mode refer to

Vista Hardware Devices

Old 11-09-2007

What does SATA Legacy Port & or Native IDE mode refer to

When I checked in bios I found some options. It was related to some legacy and ide mode. I am bit confused with that. What does it and what it refers to. Which one should I selecto. I have a configuration setting Set Sata Port 0~3 to operate at Legacy Native or IDE Mode. What should I choose here.

Old 13-09-2007

I will advice you to check the motherboard manual for the same. On that you will get more highlights. The difference is that you can install a older OS on your system if you keep the settings on ATA compatibility mode. Old OS lack Sata drivers. And do you which they failed to detect any hard drive. So basically it is your choice what you want to go for.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Tags: , , , ,