Thread: Asus A8V-VM SE motherboard integrated sound card

Asus A8V-VM SE motherboard integrated sound card

Hello all,

I have recently bought upgraded my Asus A8V-VM SE motherboard by installing Windows Vista on it. I have installed every other drivers on it, but only the sound drivers are not getting installed on it. So, is there anyone who has find out some sound card drivers for this motherboard that will work on Vista System. Thanks a lot for the support.

Even I have a similar Asus Motherboard and it has a Realtek Audio onboard, so you can try to go at the official manufacturer's website and download the Vista version of the drivers for the sound card from here - http://www.realtek.com.tw/default.aspx. Note that, you will have to download the Realtek driver version 1.81 or above, because previous versions were giving me some problems. Hopefully, you will get the sound working back on your computer.

Re: Asus A8V-VM SE motherboard integrated soundcard

I eventually gave up, I was trying with windows 7, I spent a lot of god time on it, ended up buying a usb sound device on ebay for £4, and I cant understand why people with such short-sightedness make posts like "that post is seven months old" it isn't unreasonable to think a person would fix it over seven months and then have the answer desired.

i need that drivers. could u send to me?

If you are looking for the driver then check for the same on the Motherboard CD which is having the driver for same. If you are not having the CD or misplaced then CD then you have to run the Driver Detective software and run to find which software is need to be installed on then same. Now go to official site of the developer and download the driver for same. So if you can go through the same and see whether it is working for you or not.