Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Microsoft WPD FileSystem Volume Driver - On every bootup

Vista Hardware Devices

Old 21-08-2007

Microsoft WPD FileSystem Volume Driver - On every bootup

When ever I restart my pc then i get a pop-up window that keeps asking me for the permission to install the "Microsoft WPD FileSystem Volume Driver", and everytime i install it untill the next restart that I do of my machine. And when i select to "Ask me later" then my card reader wont work at all, so it seems to me that I have to install this driver in order to get the card reader to be working. So, can anyone tell me how do i get rid of this problem.

Old 19-11-2008

I was having the same issue but afterwards I have successfully solved it. What i did to solve this problem was, I diabled all the card reader drives from the computer and then enabled all of them one by one at a time. Actually, what happens is that if you have too many card readers installed on your machine then one of them will cause problem and hence all of those card readers wont work at all. So, just try to disable it and then see if the issue is gone or it is still persisting.
Old 27-11-2008

Follow the below instructions to solve this issue:
  • First of all you need to right click computer under the start tab and select manage
  • After that just click on the Device manager tab and you will be able to see a yellow exclamation mark next to the "WPD FileSystem Volume driver software."
  • You need to simply click on Disk drives and disable each one until the WPD FileSystem disappears.
  • After that you have to re-enable all the drives and then right click the problem drive and select properties.
  • Here you have to click on the volumes tab and then select "populate" then note down what Disk number it is assigned to.
  • After that you have to go back to the Computer Management window. On the left side is a folder called Disk Management (under the Storage folder). Select Disk Management.
  • You will see a list of disks at the bottom. Just right click the disk number you populated for the problem drive and select "Change drive letter and paths.."
  • Now you have to assign the drive letter and go back to the Device Manager and check if the problem has gone.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Tags: , ,