Thread: No display coming out of sleep mode

No display coming out of sleep mode

I am having a dual EVGA 7600GT grapihcs card and a Viewsonic monitor as well. I am running Windows Vista 32 bit on my computer. I have downloaded the unsigned drivers of this monitor from the viewsonic's website and DVI port from primary slot vga. All drivers are up to date as well. I have put my pc into sleep mode from the start menu, but later on when i click on mouse or push a key on the keyboard, the computer seems to wake up but the display stays on the standby. Even after pressing the button on the remote control to get it out of standby mode, the display goes back to a blank screen. I dont know when this thing started to happen, before i used sli mode or either afterwards. Can anyone tell me how do i fix this issue.

It could be a problem of the unsigned drivers that you are using. Did you try to remove the viewsonic driver and then tried to reinstall the Vista's built in signed drivers and checked if it is working? It could be either a video or a vista software issue that you may never know. Have you tried to check in the BIOS settings for the monitor.

RE: No display coming out of sleep mode

I was also facing this issue on my dell machine on my digital lcd. When i asked dell about this problem, they told me first to flash the BIOS of the motherboard with their new update. They also told me if that doesn work then it might be possible due to a conflict with the Symantec software, this problem will rise. I even tried the registry edit method but neither of this solutions worked in my case. Any help on this matter will be helpful.

Try the below fix to solve this problem:
    • You need to make sure that your video card drivers are the latest ones that is downloaded and installed from the official website, they should not be the windows generic driver.
    • Now, check if the video card that you are having has 2 outputs, if so, then switch to the other one. Check now if display is coming out of sleep mode or not.

Other things that you can do is:
    • You can go to Advance Power Settings.
    • And then set hard drive to turn off for 1 minute or 2 before sleep.
    • After that you need to set Hybrid and Hibernate modes to "Never/Off"
    • Now check under USB settings select "Disable"
    • And check under Multimedia select "Allow"