Thread: Bluetooth Driver & Vista Bluescreen

Bluetooth Driver & Vista Bluescreen

I am having a Windows Vista (32bit) based HP Compaq 6710b laptop. Recently I downloaded Skype and bought a Sony Ericson HBH-PV702 Bluetooth Headset. Installed all required drivers and did all other Audio/video settings for making calls via skype. Now every time I make a call through Skype, it goes proper for about 3 to 5 minutes and suddenly gives me a BlueScreen saying something about “btwavdt.sys (Broadcom Bluetooth AVDT Service)”.

FYI, I am using the integrated HP Bluetooth with Microsoft Drivers v 6.0.6000.16398. I tried to install Broadcom driver but am unable to do because it is not licensed for end-user. Can anyone provide me a proper fix to get rid of this BSOD ?

RE: Bluetooth Driver & Vista Bluescreen

Did you checked the Start > Maintenance > Problem Reports and Solutions? Please see if there is any error report generated here with details about the BSOD. Not always but sometimes we get the solutions right in those reports as well. Just check it and reply back if you get anything interesting there.

RE: Bluetooth Driver & Vista Bluescreen

Thanks for the help Vishori. I checked those reports and also ran the maintenance but vista was unable to get any solution from there. There was an option to send the reports to Microsoft and I allowed to do it. Hope Microsoft will make any hotfix for the same in coming future.

Re: Bluetooth Driver & Vista Bluescreen

Can you just post here the errors and other messages mentioned in the BSOD? Will be better if you can capture the screen in your mobile and post the images here.