Thread: Vista High Definition Audio Driver for ASUS P5VDC-MX

Vista High Definition Audio Driver for ASUS P5VDC-MX

I am having ASUS P5VDC-MX motherboard. I had installed Vista on it. It is a new system. Now everything is installed and I am stuck with the audio driver. Vista is not able to locate right audio drivers. I cannot hear any sound in my system. I downloaded the video drivers from VIA and it worked. But I am not able to find the drivers for audio. I had checked Asus website, and there was nothing listed. Does anyone is able to find right drivers for the same.

I will recommend you to check for new drivers on Asus website. I found one link that can help you. On this link below you can see a download tab. Click on that and then check the edition of download you will find. I think that is the only place where you can locate appropriate drivers. For Vista never trust on older hardware. You must either check for compatibility first and then go for the download.

Asus P5VDC-MX Driver Download

See if you are not able to download or find proper audio drivers then it is much more recommended that you must go for a compatible pci sound card. Go in bios and check whether your onboard sound is enabled or not. Vista is basically a bit buggy about the drivers. So somehow it is not worth to waste time in location fresh drivers. Instead you can find fresh Vista compatible pci card and install. It will make your job more easier. Sound cards are quiet cheaper today. You can buy the same by spending few bucks and enjoy better sound quality on the same.

The board that you had mentioned does not has any Vista drivers. Due to which you are not able get right drivers. Somehow Windows XP drivers will work on it, but there are less chances. You can try running the setup through compatibility mode and that's all. A PCI card is much better alternative for you. You can simply buy a cheap card and add Vista drivers. You have to check the specification before buying the same.