Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Installing / Registering Canon Multipass F80 Vista Driver

Vista Hardware Devices

Old 13-07-2007

Installing / Registering Canon Multipass F80 Vista Driver

I am having a Canon Multipass F80 printer and I am trying to install its driver in Windows Vista. First I have downloaded the F80_Vista32.exe driver and saved it on my desktop. Later on when I double click on it, I get the licence page where i accept it and the installation starts, but as soon as it finishes I get an error message that "An error occurred while files were being copied". I have tried several times but nothing is working, please help me out.

Old 15-07-2007

Have you tried running the exe file of the printer with Administrator powers. To do the same right click on the setup.exe file and then select the "Run as Administrator" option and then try to install the same driver. It could be even that there might be no space left on the drive where you are trying to install the drivers, so free up some space on the hard drive and then try to install the driver.
Old 15-07-2007

I was able to solve this issue by looking at the driver install log file where I found that the installation was qrongly searching for file "usbscan.sys" in the folder C:\Windows\Drivers and C:\Windows\Inf. So in my computer I was able to find the path C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\sti.inf_727905e0 which may differ on others computer and even if it differs then try to search in the folder C:\Windows\System32 for it. On retrieving it copy the same to the below 2 folders:
C:\Windows\Drivers
and
C:\Windows\Inf
After that you just need to start the installation again and everything will be working find this time.
Old 04-03-2010

canon mp560

When I was searching for the usbscan.sys file, I found it in 4 different places. I was confused here which one to copy, so I just copied the new one tha was in the folder windows/system32/drivers to the windows/inf folder and also made a new folder called windows/drivers and copied here as well. But after rebooting the pc and starting to reinstall the driver, it was still not working. Is there any other way of installing the drivers for my canon mp560 on Vista?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Tags: , , ,