Thread: Looking for HP LaserJet 1020 Vista 32bit drivers

Looking for HP LaserJet 1020 Vista 32bit drivers

I am using Windows Vista. I need some help to install HP LaserJet 1020 printer on it. I am not able to locate the right drivers. When I connect my printer to Vista system it shows a new hardware detected. After a few time it showed a error message and done. There is a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager. So this is a kind of plain driver issue. There is no other problem in the system. Can anyone help me on this. Thanks.

I have the direct download link. I was too looking for the same kind of drivers and found it on HP website. I was worried that there might be no drivers for Vista. But yet it is provied by HP itself. I had downloaded the same and used. My printer is working now. To install the same properly go to Device Manager and uninstall the old devices which are associated with printer. There must not be clash with some internal driver which is by default used by Vista to recognize it.

HP LaserJet 1020 Printer Driver Download

If you are installing the printer for the first time then do not connect it directly. Sometime Vista uses a internal drive that can cause issues. I had faced the same when the official drivers fails to work. I had to un-install that properly and then it work. First run the driver setup and then connect the printer. That would be a much easier and better job. Once the driver is installed you just need to connect the printer and that's all. It is locate appropriate drivers and you will be able to work with the same.

If the driver does not work then you can try to use the manual way of installation. I always follow this and many of my new hardware just worked. You do not need to find the drivers and search web. This process is best especially for printer. Just go on Start > Settings > Printer and Faxes. Click on Add Printer. Go with the manual process. The wizard will ask you to provide information on manufacturer and model and it will locate appropriate drivers through Windows Update.