Thread: Can Vista Ultimate output to multiple audio devices?

Can Vista Ultimate output to multiple audio devices?

I have a computer that has an HDMI output port on an ADD2 card. This card is being inernally plugged in to the High Definition Audio Device header on the main motherboard to give audio output with the help of ST jacks and SPDIF jack. I can also switch among the audio output devices by going into Control Panel >> Sound >> Manage Audio Devices. This is a very long process and therefore I was wondering if there was any way to open the Manage Audio Devices applet directly or from a shortcut?

Re: Can Vista Ultimate output to multiple audio devices?

There is a better way to get the Recording Devices and Playback Devices by right clicking on the Speaker icon in the quick launch area of the taskbar. And for playing the multiple simultaneous playback devices, even I dont have any idea. I would also like to know for some solution about same, has anyone tried to do it?

I dont think that any Windows version supports multiple active outputs at one time of the period. But there are other system with Realtek High Definition Audio Device and a Creative SB X-Fi device that give both sound output and also report that they both are working fine in the Device Manager.

This might help somebody. I am running a setup and have my surround sound headphones plugged in on the back and my theatre plugged in via spdif. So i normally leave my default in control panel to my headphones. Then for speakers I leave media player classic and winamp, therefore no matter which sound is set for the music and videos, they just keep playing on my speakers. It has also kept the msn sounds and other alerts on my headphones when I am wathing a movie.