Thread: DVD-RW does not burn

DVD-RW does not burn

I have purchased a new computer build with Dual core processor, 2 gb ram and Nvidia 8800GTS graphics card. I also have a Pioneer dvd burner and it is having some issues on my computer. I am using itunes to listen to mp3 files and to create audio Cd's which was working fine on Windows XP, but on Vista I cannot burn with the dvd writer. I get an error message if i try to burn cds in itunes that says "Disc Burner or software not found". Even if i use Nero or Windows Media Player, the burning fails. Is there any solution for this problem.

You can try to use the DevCon program by downloading it from here. After installing this program ClickStart button and then type cmd in the Start Search box, right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue. At the command prompt, change the directory to the directory to which you extracted the DevCon files. Type devcon stack gencdrom, and then press ENTER.

IDE\CDROM<name>_____CDRW121032______1.08\5&60546BC&0&0.0.0
    Name: <name> CDRW121032
    Setup Class: {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} CDROM
    Upper filters:
    <driver name>
    Controlling service:
    cdrom
    Lower filters:
    <driver name>
    1 matching device(s) found.
    For more information, check this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461/en-us

I think that there is some issue with Vista and itunes which stops the dvd writer to burn cd/dvd. So try uninstalling itunes and see if that works. Another thing that you can try is the different burning software that you can get and it also works fine with Vista.

The first that you can try is the ImgBurn burning software. ImgBurn supports major image formats like ISO, but also IMG, BIN or LST that are managed easily. The interface is reduced to the minimum necessary: ​​select one or more images to burn, change burn speed, number of copies and start the process by clicking the button pretty huge so we do not pass by.

Another software that you can try is DeepBurner that supports DVD overburning, multi-session and buffer underrun. DeepBurner can convert an MP3 files on the fly so that they can be burned to an audio CD.