Thread: Vista: BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure

Vista: BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure

I am willing to use Vista on my system. I had seen the same on my friends desktop. It looks simply great compared to Windows XP. I checked all the requirements and stuff and then installed that on my system. On boot I am getting a constant error about some driver power failure. It is a blue screen. A blue screen is basically related to hardware failure. This type of error never occurred on Windows XP. I am using the same drivers dis on my XP also. I had performed clean installation back again and thought this will be working fine.

It is a clear driver bug in your system. This is happening due to driver failure. For proper Vista you need only vista drivers. Did you checked on the official site of manufacturer of your motherboard. I am sure you are using the same old drivers and due to which you are getting the errors. Go on Event Viewer and try to check the error log. You can do that in safe mode.

Error log can help you to locate the exact cause of issue. And above user is right. The issue lies with the internal driver conflict. Try to re-install and this time do not add any kind of drivers. Wait back for sometime. If your system does not crash then this is 100% sure that your old drivers will not work in Vista. Then check the motherboard model and simply visit the manufacturer's website. Download Vista edition drivers and run the setup one by one. That's all. Your job will be done.

I had faced this issue when I was trying to upgrade Vista. The problem lied with the ethernet card. All drivers were accepted, but the nic was causing the crash. I had tried to locate the right drivers but there was nothing that worked. I had to revert back on Windows XP. I had kept Vista on separate partition. So this a kind of dual boot system where you need to add two OS. I am still testing to find the right drivers and waiting for the manufacturer's reply. Because the chipset does not offer Vista drivers.