Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

Vista Hardware Devices

Old 19-05-2007

NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

I have recently purchased a Compaq Presario F504EU which came preinstalled with Windows Vista. It has a NVIDIA nForce Networking controller which is having some problem and it stops working at any time. When I asked Nvidia they dont have a clue for this problem and when I asked the Compaq support then they are charging me for some tech help. The problem that occurs if that I get limited connectivity after some time when I browse the internet or so. I have tried to perform the windows diagnostic troubleshooting method and have also tried to disable and re-enable the networking controller in device manager but it freezes the whole laptop. I have even tried the Windows update for this networking controller and many drivers as well, but nothing seems to be working in my case. I have also made sure that it isnt the internet service provider fault and they have already checked and replaced the cables and all. Any kind of help on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Old 20-05-2007
Neil Harley

I think that on the Microsoft Windows Update page, there is already an update or patch given for this problem. Another solution for this problem would be to try and unbind the IPV6 and then disable 'Large Send Offload version' and TCP Checksum Offload from the NIC to solve this issue.
  • Go to start and then Control Panel
  • After that go to Network and Sharing Centre
  • Now click on the Manage Connections
  • Then you have to right click your connection
  • After that you have to go to the properties and then uncheck TCP/IPv6
  • Now click on Configure
  • Then go to Advanced and here uncheck the Large Send Offload and the TCP Checksum Offload
You can also try to put the Nic onto a correct duplex settings instead of leaving it on Auto Negotiation. If this doesnt work then the only solution left for you would be ask for some replacement or repair of the hardware peripheral which is causing this issue.
Old 13-04-2009

Re: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

Yes, you can try to update the nvidia nforce networking controller with the latest driver and see if that helps or not. In any case, check out some suggestions given in similar kind of threads here - Nvidia nForce Network Controller issue

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Tags: , , ,