Thread: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT driver is not working in Vista

NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT driver is not working in Vista

I am using a Vista Ultimate system. It is basically a x64 system. I was not aware about the same. The technician who upgraded my system told me about the same. It is having a AMD processor and Nvidia GeForce 7800GT gpu. After upgrade he told me to download the original drivers from Nvidia site and install it. I did the same. After every few second I am getting a message on the screen saying that the display driver has stopped working. It is related to some nvlddmkm file. I had seen some common threads but not able to understand about the problem.

That is just the driver problem. Just go to Nvidia site and download 64bit driver. You might be using 32bit because of which you are getting the error. If your driver is not compatible with the system or OS then you cannot do anything in that. And before performing the installation get rid of old drivers.

I had got this issue a number of time in my system. Whenever I perform some new upgrades or install updates the first thing that basically crashes is my display driver. This irritates me the lot. This happens. Because Vista tries to add its internal video driver which is not compatible with Nvidia. You must keep a backup of driver with you. If you keep that then case of such thing you can restore it. System Restore is another good choice. Luckily Nvidia offers all the fresh drivers updates, so there is nothing to worry much.