Thread: Windows Vista drivers for Canon LBP 2900 Printer

Windows Vista drivers for Canon LBP 2900 Printer

I need Vista drivers for Canon LBP 2900 printer. I was using the same on Windows XP and now somehow it failed to work on Vista. The printer is not at all detected nor there is any symbol of Windows Update. This is the only printer I am having and now it stopped working. I am stuck between some work. I cannot go and waste time on internet to locate a proper driver setup for it. I need some links or simply the driver file which people out there are using on Window Vista. Thanks.

Check the below link. You can find the right drivers on the same. The link below has a download section from where you can download free drivers. There are x64 drivers also available. Wipe out any old drivers you had installed. Because that can be compatibility problem with new drivers.

i-SENSYS LBP2900B

Help.....

I need serious help I am running vista ultimate x64 on my office machine and I am desparatley looking for the drivers for the lbp2900 canon printer even if they are generic that will be perfect anything to get it to work because canon says they are not planning on releasing a driver for it themseleves so anything will be grateful thanks

Quote Originally Posted by labratza View Post
    I need serious help I am running vista ultimate x64 on my office machine and I am desparatley looking for the drivers for the lbp2900 canon printer even if they are generic that will be perfect anything to get it to work because canon says they are not planning on releasing a driver for it themseleves so anything will be grateful thanks

MY CANON LBP2900 PRINTER WILL NOT WORK ON VISTA (It was marvellous in earlier versions): The CAPT window freezes and the printing may begin at random in 10-30 minutes, if ever. What’s wrong?

I found one answer in the net and modified it according to my experience. It gave only little improvement though:

"This is usually caused by corrupted printer drivers. It's most often seen after an upgrade from a previous operating system when the printer was kept connected and turned on during the upgrade."

"Solution: Completely Uninstall and Reinstall your Printer and 'force' Vista to see the new driver."
    Here is my remedy for the problem:

Step 1 Disconnect the printer from the PC.
    Step 2 Go to the Control Panel and click on Add/Remove Programs. Highlight any Printer Software that is listed here. Select Remove.
    Step 3 From the Control Panel, click on Printers. Right click the printer in question and select Delete.
    Step 4 Look at the Toolbar. Select File, then Server Properties. Look in the Drivers tab. Highlight the printers drivers listed here and click on Remove for each one.
    Step 5 Reboot the PC. Do NOT reconnect the printer.
    Step 6 Go to the website of your printer manufacturer. Look for new Vista drivers for your model. Download the correct software. The current Canon LBP2900 Vista driver seems to be LBP2900_Win2k_XP-Vista-[language]_R110.
    Step 7 Shut the internet connection. Disable Windows Defender and all other possible Virus programs.
    Step 8 Run the exe file you just downloaded. It should auto-start the installation program.
    Step 9 The installation will tell you when to connect the printer.
    Step 10 Once the software is installed and the printer connected see that Windows fire wall permits the connection of your printer. (Control panel-Fire wall). Reboot and enable Defender and/or your Virus protection program. Try a test page with your writing tool (ensure that Canon LBP2900 is the default printer).

I suspect that it is Norton Internet Security program that came installed with my new computer HP Pavilion m8156.sc largely guilty for this. I managed the printer to run on all Norton's default settings and Defender disabled. In addition to this - or perhaps this could be the short cut to solve the whole problem - check that in Norton's fire wall (Norton Internet Security - Settings - Internet protocol and fire wall settings - Additional settings - general rules) under the "Allowed" section the printer's communication protocol EPMAP is assigned (it is not as default), and Windows fire wall stays disabled. Strange enough, Canon LBP2900 CAPT window now works only when the internet is on...

7 October 2007

A.K.