Thread: Code 10 / 19 DVD Drive RESOLUTION

Code 10 / 19 DVD Drive RESOLUTION

I have found a tips on how to solve the Code 10/19 dvd error that anyone might be facing. This solution will work only in Windows Vista. Please follow the below method properly:

1. First of all you need to open up a Notepad and copy the text below in it:
      Code:
      REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
      "UpperFilters"=-
      "LowerFilters"=-
    2. After that save this same notepad to your desktop as by renaming it as "NoFilters.reg"
    3. Now you have to open the file, simply double click on it and then confirm you wish to integrate this file into your registry and reboot the computer.
    4. Upon restart, you will see that the code 10/19 optical drives error should now be functional.
    5. Also note that, you might have to again reinstall Media Player after this steps, since it could not be working.

I am still not able to start my CD/DVD drives even after following the registry edit solution provided in this thread. After restart, Vista said that it cannot still install this devices. Although this drives are shown in the device manager but still it doesnt work. There was also another fix for this issue where we had to remove itunes which caused some cd problem due to device filters. Is there a fix for this problem where we can use the dvd devices as well as the itunes together?

There are some of those which are still facing this code 10 error but others have successfully corrected this issue with the above fixes. I did follow the registry editor method but I was able to find only the upper filter and there was no lowe filter to delete in the regedit. I am very much frustrated as to why am still getting this dreaded code 10 error and the dvd drives disappeating from my computer. Please help us.

Re: Code 10 / 19 DVD Drive RESOLUTION

There is a registry tweak that can solve your problem. Have a look at the following thread for complete solution : How to resolve DVD Drive Error Code 10/19 for windows vista?

Re: Code 10 / 19 DVD Drive RESOLUTION

Couldn't see my CD/DVD disc drive. Would have sworn it was a hardware failure and was loking at replacing the drive or the laptop itself. As a last resort I went into Registry and followed the path (as above) manually. Couldn't see "UpperFilters" but deleted "LowerFilters".(right click...Delete)...restarted. Hey presto...it worked. BRILLIANT!
    Oh, and this was on an XP machine.