Thread: DVD/CD drivers are missing or corrupted or something

DVD/CD drivers are missing or corrupted or something

I am having two optical devices in my system. First one is a SCSI driver and the second one is ATA devices. I am getting a error that Windows Cannot load device driver. I am getting that in both. I am not sure about the driver or any stuff but somehow both are not working. This happen after Vista upgrade. Or else such stuff does not occur mostly.

The error basically refers to a missing driver or connectivity due to which you get this kind of issues. Try to find appropriate drivers and then check back. If not able to find the same then it is better to test it once on Windows XP. Vista is quiet not compatible with old drivers and hardware. I have to keep my gpu aside due to upgrade as there is no compatible driver available for the same.

Check the cable connectivity. You can start first by checking in the bios. If both are listed then it is better. Later on you connect them one by one and then try to install them. Go in device manager and uninstall the dvd driver. Restart and let Vista install the same on its own. That would be the best way to locate and install it. If still you get the same error, then I am bit sure that it is not going to work in Windows Vista.

Re: DVD/CD drivers are missing or corrupted or something

I found a kb link of Microsoft which has some information on the error you are facing. You can lookout the same to find what is the issue behind it. I will recommend to read the same and find out what you can do. There are some registry solutions provided on it, which basically are easier to perform. But before that it is recommend to collect backup or it would not be easy to restore your system in case of any error.

Cannot Access CD-ROM and "Code 31" Error Message in Device Manager After You Remove Adaptec Easy CD Creator from Your Computer

I had faced this issue on two dvd rom that I was having. I do not understand what happen but the same stopped working after sometime. It was a kind of hardware failure. I had updated drivers, modified the cable, etc and did a number of stuff but nothing worked.

Reocurring Issue with same DVDRAM

Hello,

I have a similar issue with my DVDRAM which keeps happening over and over. I've used the strategy in this thread several times. My HP DV9005US will then find the DVDRAM and load the driver properly. But then without warning the driver will stop working.
    HP thinks the drive needs to be remounted, but I tried using an external drive and it too would not load the driver properly. Very puzzling.
    remounting the drive on a laptopt might be quite a project.

Does anyone else have this reoccurring problem?

I.

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4084N ATA problems on my HP laptop

Yeah I bought the dv6000 and my dvd drive is not working, it was working the other day and now it is not. I keep reinstalling or trying to update it but this does not help.

Here is the drives name.

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4084N ATA

Please help if you can.

~G

I need help too

I have received the same problem and I can't find the driver online for the
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4084N

I received the following error:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Somebody out there please help us!!!!

GAFLPEACH