Thread: No audio with Logitech QuickCam Messenger

No audio with Logitech QuickCam Messenger

After upgradind to Windows Vista on my dell laptop, the logitech quickcam messenger that i am using on my system only works on video, there is no audio coming at all. I have already installed the latest version of the driver that is compatible with Vista by downloading it from the Logitech website but when i using the audio tuning wizard, there is no sound detected. Does anyone face this kind of issue as well?

I think that your webcam might need a firmware update. Doing a driver update isnt enough for it to work on the latest operating system released by microsoft. You will have to install the latest firmware for the webcam and then it will run properly on Vista. You can check whether there is some firmware on the Dell website.

how do i make logitech webcam work on vista

I had also recently bought a new Logitech Quickcam Web Camera and when i am trying to install the driver on Windows Vista, then it says that it is not compatible with this operating system. I have checked that it is working properly on Windows XP, but how do i make it working on Vista, so that would be able to use it?

There is a way to install the Windows XP driver of the Logitech Quickcam under Windows Vista by using the compatibility mode. Just follow the below steps to install it on your system.

1. First of all you have to download the driver for XP from Logitech.
    2. After that you need to right click on the driver installation file and select properties, and compatability tab
    3. Now you have to select run as admin, and in XP
    4. After that you should double click on downloaded installation file (dont proceed any further)
    5. Now you have to open Windows Directory and Program Files
    6. Here you have to go to logitech folder created
    7. You will find driver files in this folder.
    8. You should now copy all files from C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCamWebInstall\Drivers\WinNew\MSGR to somewhere else like a new folder in C:
    9. After that you have to go to Device Manager
    10. You need to right click on the camera (or if you simply reinsert the camera it will come up with the wizard).
    11. Lastly, just point the wizard to the new folder with the extracted drivers.