Thread: Sony HandyCam USB handycam driver for Windows Vista Home Premium

Sony HandyCam USB handycam driver for Windows Vista Home Premium

I had performed Vista Home Premium upgrade on my Windows XP system. Everything is working except the sony handycam. At start in XP when I connect that through usb it is detected as plug and play device. I had kept a disc with me which has its original drive. I provide the driver installation wizard the location of disc and it is detected. Now in Vista the same is not visible at all. The driver is not accepted. I tried to forcefully install the drivers, but after that I am getting a constant blue screen error. And the error is caused due to that usb driver only. I had removed it from Control Panel > Uninstall program and the bluescreen is gone.

What is the model of handycam you have. If you can provide that it will be much easier to locate the right drivers. I am also having a usb handycam. I use it on XP. I also have a Vista laptop. But as there is no appropriate driver available, even on the manufacturer website I am not able to use the same. In device manager still it shows as unknown device. You can try searching on Google about the handycam model. It will give you a detail about drivers download and other related information.

Sony Usb Driver Uninstalling

I was too facing the same issue. You just need to find the right drivers like the one I found through Windows Update and it worked. I was shocked to find that there is no driver provided on the vendor site, but Windows Update was able to find one. The handycam is working fine now. Try to check the driver through Windows Update.

Basically usb devices are detected as plug and play. If there is a removable drive or media in it. It is better if you can try accessing the phone content through a microsd card. Many handycam comes with extra card storage. I use that transfer photos from it. It remains undetected by my laptop.

I am having Sony Handycam DCR-DVD203E. I tried to install the same on Windows Home Premium but was not able to get success in it. The camera which connected through usb device, it was detected. But due to in-appropriate drivers it failed to install properly. I found some usb drivers update but that too does not work. While the same camera quiet well on XP. So this is a plain answer that the handycam drives are not available for Vista.