Thread: Battery not detected intermittently

Battery not detected intermittently

I am having a Dell E1505 machine with me and its been over a year since I am using it. Now the battery of this laptop suddenly died upon me, and so I bought a new battery amd I am using it since last 2 months. But just recently, a couple of days before, when ever i closed the lid of the laptop and then after sometime when I open it again, I get an icon on the quick launch which says that the battery isnt detected. So I unseated the battery and reconnected it again and the problem disappeared. I thought it was just some other things which wont happen back. But I was wrong, the very next time when I closed and open the lid of the laptop again, I again that warning of battery which is not getting detected. I dont understand what is causing the problem here, has anyone faced this issue before.

Re: Battery not detected intermittently

I think that the problem could also lie with the charger on the motherboard that charges the battery and Dell are famous for this kind of problems on their laptop. You should therefore call Dell support and tell them about this problem, and if your laptop is under warranty then you can even ask them to replace it or get it fixed for free. This surely seems to be a problem with the hadrware itself, could be the motherboard as well.

Well, now the problem with the battery is happening every now and then. After unplugging the ac adapter, laptop switches to battery power and if I connect the ac adapter back in the laptop again then the laptop starts to work on the ac rather than the battery, but it immediately starts to charge the battery. So, it doesnt seems to me that it is a battery problem but some other hardware problems that you have mentioned, I will try to contact dell for this issue. Thanks for your support.

Re: Battery not detected intermittently

Try and narrow it down before calling Tech support. I had this Exact problem, and guess what?? It was NOT the MB.