Thread: stuck shift key

stuck shift key

I have a Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard and I have upgraded my system from Windows XP and installed Windows Vista on it. The problem is that the left shift key always sticks in when I press Home, End, etc button along with it. And that is why when ever any keys when pressed or mouse click will result in shift key to be pressed until i press the left shift key again. This was not happening in Windows XP, so it seems to me a problem with Vista itself. I habe installed Intellitype software 6.1 version of the software, but still that doesnt work. Can anyone help me out.

Even I was facing similar kind of problems with my keyboard, but later on found out the solution. What i did was i just checked the keyboard setting in Accessories and then by going into Ease of Access Center. Try to do the same and see if it works for you as well.

Re: stuck shift key

One of my other computer was having this similar problem with the keyboard that was connected to it. But later on I found the solution to this problem and now its been a week since i didnt fae this similar issues again. This issue is actually related to the wireless moise and the microsoft driver intellipoint, so to rectify it, you just need to remove the same software from your computer and the keyboard will start working flawlessly. Hope that helps you out.

Re: stuck shift key

sigh, i have this problem too... also, my language settings had disappeared and i cannot access it as indicated on this forum, because the link is completely empty- it's as if the whole language thing disappeared...

now my shift key won't allow me to write parenthesis or capital 'p' and some other characters.

my mouse is also acting weird. every time i start my computer, it gives me a msg - with much delay- that it's stopped working, although it does.

i have Vista, microsoft wireless laser mouse 5000 and ergonmic wireless keyboard 4000... they all have batteries, have been reset.. have been unistalled and reinstalled a few times, nothing works!!