Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Disable Shared Memory and enable Dedicated Video memory on Windows Vista

Vista Hardware Devices

Old 28-03-2007

Disable Shared Memory and enable Dedicated Video memory on Windows Vista

I need some help to disable the onboard shared memory and configure only the dedicated graphic card on Vista. My system has a GeForce 7600 GT GPU install. It is a 256MB graphic card. But somehow when I installed Windows Vista, it is still using the shared memory. How can I stop that and allow it to use the full gpu.

Old 25-05-2008

There are two ways to do that. First you must check the system registry. In that you can find some key related to shared video memory. You have to modify the value of that key and second you need to check in bios. From there you can make modification to the system memory usage.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Tags: , , ,