Thread: Will Logitech QuickCam 8.4.1 work on Windows Vista

Will Logitech QuickCam 8.4.1 work on Windows Vista

I want some help to install Logitech QuickCam 8.4.1 on Vista. I am not able to locate the right drivers for the same. I tried to locate the drivers on the official website, but showed no support for it. I am sure Windows can find the drivers through plug-play mode or simply through Windows Update. I had tested the same on my laptop, but it failed. I hope to find some answers on the same. Thanks.

I think you might need the most latest edition of QuickCam. Or else it will not work. Especially for Vista. You can visit Logitech Support & Download website to find the drivers. That is the only place from where you can locate official drivers. I had seen Logitech provides Vista compatible drivers also. Just for testing try to install the same through XP compatibility mode. You just need to right click on the setup and then click on Properties and then click on Compatibility tab. You can choose the right edition of Windows from there and run the setup.

Do you get any error. Can you provide the same over here. There are some issue with the old drivers always. I am using the same on HP DV2123TX and it is working quiet fine. The internal webcam that it has is not working at all. As it has Windows XP it is working because in Vista I am bit doubtful about the same. You can use it only if you find a valid version for Vista or else the camera will not be detected. If you can locate a proper driver then I think you do not need Quickcam setup.