Thread: Scanner driver for an HP Scanjet 6200c

Scanner driver for an HP Scanjet 6200c

I have bought myself a HP Scanjet 6200c scanner and I am trying to install find a driver that will work on Windows Vista. I have already asked HP tech support and they dont have any solutions for it, they are just telling me that there is no driver available for this scanner that will work on Windows Vista and also there are no plans for making such in the future? What am i suppose to do now?

I read from somewhere that some people have successfully installed Windows XP drivers for this scanners on Vista and it is also working fine for them. But still it depends on HP whenther they will support this discontinued scanner for Vista or not. In any case, you can even try to use VueScan Scanner Software which might give you the functionality of your old scanner. If this doesnt work, then you will have to purchase new scanner or so.

Yes, the Vuescan drivers work with HP scanners. I have a HP Scanjet c6270a scanner with me which is working fine in Windows Vista. You should download the vuescan drivers by searching it on the internet and then install it. First go to device manager in Vista and then right click on the Scanjet which will be available in the Device Manager with a yellow exclamation mark and then select to update driver software. Just choose to the path where you have saved the vuescan folder and then it will find the driver and try to install it. But note that you will have to buy the vuescan application once its trial gets over.