Thread: Zte Modem Installation Problem.

Zte Modem Installation Problem.

I have got myself an Acer laptop which is running Windows Vista and it came pre-loaded onto it. I have a Zte Mg880 Usb Modem and I am trying to install it on the same operating system. After when I put the cd of the zte modem in the cd/dvd drive and then when i start the installation and run the setup, then as soon as the setup completes I suddenly get an error message box which says that "installer.exe has stopped working". Now, how do I install the modem drivers on Vista, please help me out.

Do you mean that you have a Reliance Mobile ZTE MG880 or some other model? Also, have you checked whether there are Vista driver on the installation CD that you have got with the modem? Also, when installing the drivers, you should right click on the installer file on the CD and then select to "run as administrator". If this drivers doesnt work then you can go to the manufacturer's website and search for the updated drivers for the modem and then install it on your computer. Also, when installing the drivers, make sure whether you are suppose to unplug the modem from the usb cable or not.

Re: ZTE MODEM INSTALLTION PROBLEM

I have checked from the CD and it is metioned that the drivers on it are for Vista opearting system which stated by the manufacturer. Also, I have kept the modem unplugged at the time of installing the drivers in my computer. But am getting the same error message that I have notified in my previous post. Is there any other fix for this problem?

Have you tried going to Device Manager after the installation and checked under the phone and modem options. You will see see 3 data interface which will be uninstalled. So just right click on them and then select update drivers and then browse and go to the drivers folder in the installation CD. In here you have to select the Vista Folder and then select the options x86 or something. Dont choose the amd one here. After when the installation will be finished, you will get the access for the net on your computer. Hope that helps.