Thread: PnPDriverNotFound

PnPDriverNotFound

I have a HP Compaq nc6400 laptop and at the time of Operating System upgrade, I was getting an option to install Vista business but I installed Vista ultimate version eventually. Then i went to HP website and downloaded all the required drivers and installed it on my laptop. But soon after that I started getting Blue Screen of Death errors, what should i do now?

Description
    Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable. Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device, or as a download from its website. The hardware ID of your device is PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_803D&SUBSYS_30AC103C&REV_00.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: PnPDriverNotFound
    Architecture: x86
    Hardware Id: PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_803D&SUBSYS_30AC103C&REV_00
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

RE: PnPDriverNotFound

The error that you are getting is because of the chipset or the other internal device drivers that are gone missing from your computer. What you can do is go to the manufacturer's website and then download the latest versions of the driver from their and install it on your computer, including for the BIOS and Chipset. You can even try to install the driver in compatibility mode incase if there are some issues with the driver being not compatible with Vista.

Re: PnPDriverNotFound

Download a tool called Driver Detective which will download all the required driver for the devices installed in your pc. After you have installed Driver Detective then restart your PC, the software will analyze your operating system by detecting drivers that are absent and those who need updates. It also has an automatic update feature where a user will no longer have to do a lot of research to find the latest driver. The software has a database of over 15 million drivers for Windows. Thus, the user can find the drivers and updates it in his system regularly.