Thread: Vista not detecting Monitor's built-in webcam

Vista not detecting Monitor's built-in webcam

I have bought a new HP w2448hc 24" lcd monitor and am using Vista operating system on my system. This monitor has a mic and a webcam pre-built into it at the top side of the panel. I have installed the proper driver for this webcam, but when I try to open any messengers and go into video settings to adjust the webcam, then Windows is unable to detect it? I have another webcam that I borrowed from my friend and when I connected it, then Vista immediately recognized it and I have not even installed its drivers. Can anyone tell me how do i get this webcam working on my computer?

Did you check the manual that can be downloaded from the hp website for this monitor or from its box package you can even get a brochure that will let you know the detailed information about how to install the proper drivers for this monitor. When you go on the HP support page, you will see that they have mentioned HP w2448hc's webcam and microphone as features on select models. On the page 4-10 and 4-11 you can follow the steps to install the different drivers and software for the Cyberlink Youcam that is mentioned over there.

I think that if you are using a VGA or DVI cable then the webcam and the microphone will not work, what cable are you using to connect them by the way? Did you also check whether the device is also detected or not in the device manager? You can try searching in their for unknown hardware that might have a yellow exclamation mark on it. If you find tht same device then right click on it and then choose properties and then go to Driver Tab and choose the option to Update Driver and locate the path where you have saved the drivers on your pc and install it and reboot the system. Now test the webcam by skype or some other webcam applications.

Check out the below solution that I found out after some intense researching.

• First of all check if there is something called Simplo webcam update installed in your pc from microsoft windows update automatically that might be listed as *_PCT_-_Streaming_Media_and_Broadcast_-_Simplo_Webcam_*. Actually if you have this update then this normally messes with any other webcams driver and hence it doesnt even gets recognized.
    • So, you need to uninstall it by going into device manager and then expanding the usb controllers list.
    • Here you will see "Simplo webcam" device, just click on it and press uninstall, and also tick mark a box to delete its driver.
    • After that is deleted, you need to press a 'detect hardware changes' button, a new imaging device called "Ricoh webcam" will appear, simply use the same above method to remove it as well. Press the button 'detect hardware changes' again and then the correct device "HP webcam" will appear in the list. Now your webcam will be ready for use.
    • This problem happens due to the Simplo Webcam driver, so remember never to install it because same problem will occur again.