Thread: Optical USB Mouse not working

Optical USB Mouse not working

I have recently purhcased a new Dynex Optical USB mouse and when connected in Vista, it immediately got recognized. But after when Vista was trying to install its driver, then an error came up saying that section of the INF file is missing and the mouse stopped working. This is the 10th time i am trying to install it but still same error, I even tried to install the drivers with the help of Windows update but again the same error I was getting. Is there anyway I can get this mouse to work?

Even I am facing the same problem under my Vista Business operating system. The mouse is recognized in the system when i plug it in the usb port but when it tried to install its drivers, I get an error message that the installation has failed with "The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Win 95 or later." I went to the Dynex site, but that wasnt really helpful, they just have to say that since the mouse is plug and play so it should work. Even they dont have any drivers on their website. I would try to install the latest service pack 1 of vista and see if that fixes the problem, since it comes up with various supports for latest software and hardware.

Can you go into device manager and then try to use the update driver feature and then go in the list of supported devices. Here you will come accross an option to make it an HID-compliant mouse instead of an optical browser mouse, just choose this option and see if it rectifies the issue. If not then try to install Vista Serice Pack 1 and then try to follow the same suggestion given in this post and this will definitely work out for you.

Re: Optical USB Mouse not working

I have found that no matter what, plugging in a usb mouse shows a 2 mouse system. Then the USB mouse wioll not work. There may be a way to shut off PS2 for the 2nd mouse, but I'm not sure this even works. I hope I helped.