Thread: USB Browser Mouse Driver Error

USB Browser Mouse Driver Error

I am having a dell usb optical mouse and when I am trying to install it I am getting the following error message:

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error
    while attempting to install it
    USB Browser Mouse
    An error occurred during the installation of the device

The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry.
    This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later. Contact your hardware vendor.

If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for driver software."

Can anyone please tell me how to get this thing working? Thanks for any suggestions.

Have you tried visiting dell site to check whether they have any latest driver for the mouse that you are using? If by any chance you were using an microsoft mouse before and for that if you have installed the IntelliPoint software on your machine, then try to immediately remove or uninstall it. Then restart your pc and connect the dell mouse and see if that works for you or not. If that doesnt work either then try to install the driver from the dell website from here. You can search for a file called R141725.EXE which works on Vista operating system for this mouse.

I have already downloaded the file that you have suggested on my machine and installed it but still the mouse isnt working. If I go into Control Panel and then click on "Mouse", it will throw an error message saying that "Unable to connect to the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver" and then I have to close it forcefully. I think that there is some problem with the dell mouse itself.

There is simple answer to this kind of problem with the mouse. In window Vista OS only, this kind of problems are observed. And before using this new USB browser mouse, you might be using an old mouse on your machine, which normally leads to conflicts in the hardware device, such as mouse in your case. Anyways, to solve this issue, there might be a recovery drive in the Vista System. To do the same, open device manager and go to mice pointing devices and simply right click on PS2 mouse and uninstall it. After that restart the pc with the the USB Browser mouse connected to the usb port in your computer. After Windows start to load, the driver settings will be reinstalled in your computer and after a pc restart again, the USB Browser mouse should be ready to use. Hope that helps you out.