Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: nVidia BSOD nvlddmkm.sys

Re: nVidia BSOD nvlddmkm.sys

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedrian View Post
    Could you please refer me to how I navigate to the system32drivers folder through Command prompt? I also tried your example and it didn't work as a command.
    I dont know how to reach there with command prompt coz it requires some // than name than again // than name etc... If you want you can get their with this path "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers". Just put this in Windows Explorer and you are there.

Right, thanks for trying. It didn't really work. But thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedrian View Post
    Could you please refer me to how I navigate to the system32drivers folder through Command prompt? I also tried your example and it didn't work as a command.
    Why do you want to go to system32/drivers folder from command prompt? Cant you just go into the same folder by following the simple path which is here - c:\ windows\system32\drivers?? What is the video card that you have by the way and also let us know the full computer specifications that you own.

I've been running modern warfare 3 fine since a few days when I tried ultra high details and textures. (with latests drivers from nvidia)
    Middle of action, auto fan never kicked-in and desktop crashed with BSOD

Safe mode is ok
    Normal mode was impossible
    Attempts to restore system settings or old/new drivers were unsuccesful !!!

Downloaded riva tuner to get fans to 100% at startup and put a cold beer in between the video and cpu to let me TIME turn down the resolution to 800x600 16 bits color... yeah, you read "liquid cooling in a bottle" :)

At 100% fan, I managed to get good ol' black ops loading but it can't survive "normal" rendering for 10 seconds. I was playing HOURS with "auto" fan !
    In fact, nvlddmkm.sys also crash doing "windows user experience" performance rate.

Its like "auto" fan setting is broke ! Maybe its temp sensor is faulty ?!
    If I werent still under extended waranty, I would be unscreewing gpu heatsink cover to see if sticky dust is still there after vaccum.

I do not think one particle of dust NOR drivers versions is causing this issue.
    It burned cause of inadequate cooling of gpu and excessive stress for a

Hope the technical staff at f*** s*** is not going to format c: and reinstall vista to figure out afterwards that gpu was dead already.

Ill keep you posted ...

hp pavillon elite 9450f
    9800 GT
    8 gb ram
    400W powersupply (borderline but its stock)
    windows vista x64

I also had the problem but it was with a HP Pavillion DV3000 windows vista 32-bit. But I downloaded windows 8 (my bro comp has windows 8, just backup that comp on thumbdrive, go boot menu and press usb hard disk) and found out that it was working fine. So the problem is NOT with your graphic card, but with windows vista. MORAL OF THE STORY: GO THROW ANOTHER PIE AT BILL GATES :D

I've attempted to do what is stated. I'm getting the message: "Can't open output file nvlddmkm.sys" Not really sure what to do here. Since I changed my nvlddmkm.sys file to nvlddmkm.sys.old I have no reference to any nvlddmkm.sys file. I think... I'm a novice here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23