Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: nVidia BSOD nvlddmkm.sys

Re: nVidia BSOD nvlddmkm.sys

that the thing though. i already installed the most up to date driver and there are no startup options for nvidia cuz there isnt ant that starts up upon windows starting up. unless ya mean for me to uninstall all nvidia programs and install the latest update

Hi elysionus,

Do you mean to say that you are receiving this message when you first boot up your computer or does it display when you use a specific program? Are you having any problems with resolution or audio? I have added a link for support from NVIDIA's site below. Please let us know status.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/n...er/std_alp.php

i get the bsod when watching movies or videos online. bout 20-30 minutes into a movies and sometimes just at the start of a video or movie. the video starts to look choppy and then bam the video goes out like it loses signal but can still hear the audio and then it goes to bsod and my computer restarts. i've uninstalled all nvidia programs and drivers reinstalled the most recent driver they have available on the nvidia site the 275.33 drivers that came out june 1. i've done the fixes that were posted on this forum and it still happens. right now i'm testing to see if it worked or not. i hope it does cuz i can't afford to get another graphics card. i mainly use my comp for gaming but sometimes watch movies. so far i cannot find the problem no matter what i do.

First run your system on the administrator mode and after that go to the start icon on the desktop and after that click on the run. Now on the run type msconfig and after that click the ok button. Now you will get the system configure utility windows and under that go to the general tab and under that make click on the Selective Startup radio button. Now on the Selective Startup section make uncheck mark on the clear the Load Startup Items check box. Now go to the service tab and under that make check mark on the Hide All Microsoft Services check box and after that hit on the disable all button. Now once you done and after that hit the ok button and after that restart your system and then go through your issue.

What is happening with this error, is:
    The driver is losing communication with video card hardware.

The driver will wait for the hardware to respond and if it doesn't, the drivers tells the user "I cant make your hardware talk to me" through a BLUE SCREEN
    *** STOP: 0x0000016 ......
    ** nvlddmkm.sys

Why will the hardware not communicate with the driver? The Blue screen means the driver is working, so if the driver is working there is only 1 other possibility.

90% of the time, you video card has a physical problem that will get worse in
    the next few weeks.
    10% of the time, this is not a new problem, and has occurred since you bought the computer. Only then is it a delay time issue.

Save yourself the time. You will be buying a new card. How long you suffer depends on how many 10 step processes you blindly follow.
    1. Go online find an inexpensive ATI OR NVIDIA card.
    2. Buy it, select 2 day shipping.
    3. Receive the new card, open your machine remove a screw, pull out old card, push in new card, tighten mounting screw.
    4. Be glad you didn't do other 10 step tests for 3 weeks.

bitsnitch you existence is of so much help. Thanks dude. It's just sad that some of us own a notebook (or are broke). Besides that, your 90%/10% theory came out of nowhere.

In my case it also happened when I was watching stuff (video). I just updated my driver to the latest one (to lazy to check ver.) and it stared turning my display on and off, pc became unstable and didn't respond well, windows theme stopped aero (win7) and after doing this for a couple of seconds it gave me a bsod. I don't think it's anything hardware related but I'm happy it's not just my pc (sorry :P). If I find out anything I'll be sure to come back with a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS.ro View Post
    bitsnitch you existence is of so much help. Thanks dude. It's just sad that some of us own a notebook (or are broke). Besides that, your 90%/10% theory came out of nowhere.

In my case it also happened when I was watching stuff (video). I just updated my driver to the latest one (to lazy to check ver.) and it stared turning my display on and off, pc became unstable and didn't respond well, windows theme stopped aero (win7) and after doing this for a couple of seconds it gave me a bsod. I don't think it's anything hardware related but I'm happy it's not just my pc (sorry :P). If I find out anything I'll be sure to come back with a fix.
    Well, there are many kind of problems related to this error message nvlddmkm.sys, sometime it is caused by some hardware problems, sometimes it is caused by some software problems. In any case could you tell us what is your netbook make or model? What nividia card is installed in that netbook? First of what you can do is download a tool called Driver Sweeper which will be used to completely remove the old drivers and then download the latest and install in your netbook.

Asus M70Vn with 9650GT. I already went through clean-up with Driver Sweeper just thought this time shouldn't be the case. Might've been wrong. I was planing on doing a clean driver re-install it's just that I didn't have the time. It might be a while until a get into it. If bsod's get the best of me might be sooner than later though :|

Asus M70Vn with 9650GT. I already went through clean-up with Driver Sweeper just thought this time shouldn't be the case. Might've been wrong. I was planing on doing a clean driver re-install it's just that I didn't have the time. It might be a while until a get into it. If bsod's get the best of me might be sooner than later though :|
    Can you try to follow the below steps inorder to fix this issue:

1. Download latest WHQL notebook set driver for windows 7 for your graphics card
    2. After that find the device id in nvam.inf
    3. Next you have to find [nv_commonBase_addreg] section
    4. After that simply add the below lines:
    Code:
    HKLM,"System\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvlddmkm",EnableNonContiguousSVM,%REG_DWORD%,1
    5. Save the inf and run setup.

Thanks Simon. I've looked into it and it seems your solution has to do with PowerMizer, a piece of software for M70Vn. I don't have the software installed so I doubt it' has anything to do with it. Still I might try it. I've been thinking that my problem might not be related to the driver or video card, but to an instability in hibernation and RAM. The more I rely on hibernation the more my system's stability drops and finally ends in a bsod. As I said don't have time to test it all out now, just though I'd share my thoughts. My last crash did say it was the nvlddmkm.sys file and it occurred while playing a video so who knows.

Thanks Simon. I've looked into it and it seems your solution has to do with PowerMizer, a piece of software for M70Vn. I don't have the software installed so I doubt it' has anything to do with it. Still I might try it. I've been thinking that my problem might not be related to the driver or video card, but to an instability in hibernation and RAM. The more I rely on hibernation the more my system's stability drops and finally ends in a bsod. As I said don't have time to test it all out now, just though I'd share my thoughts. My last crash did say it was the nvlddmkm.sys file and it occurred while playing a video so who knows.
    I have heard that there is a hotfix for a DXGI crash on resume from S state modes, but it only applies to windows 7 vanilla. Also when i was getting similar issues i tried a combination of the following

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974410
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981848
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977307

As well as ensuring the bios was up to date, as a bad bios can reinitialise hardware devices improperly.

FWIW - I started getting lots of messages about nvlddmkm.sys, losing display adapters in device manager etc esp. when running videos. I did some research but I somehow survived until - the BSOD moment. Just as I was about to Webex .. My feeling was that it was the video card ( Dell XPS420 a few years old ) so I took the card out, blew dust off etc and cleaned the chassis, and let it cool. Amazingly was then able to boot ok - I downloaded a program that displays the card temperature and other stats - GPU-Z from TechPowerUp - which showed the GPU temp. was way too high ( 70+ ) . So out with the old - in with the new NVIDIA GeForce card. Temp now 40 and problems have gone away.

I'm just a basic user so the program was really useful to guide me to a quick fix. Things sometimes just wear out.

This can occur commonly to users of an Nvidia video card on Windows 7 and Windows Vista. The BSOD is caused due to Nvidia drivers.

The Error is :

TOP: 0 × 00000116 (0x9CBEBBA0, 0x8B6E29A0, 0 × 00000000, 0 × 00000002)

nvlddmkm.sys - Address 8B6E29A0 based at 8B6DE000, DataStamp 45e829d

Go in Device Manager and right click on your video card. Uninstall it. Then Delete the driver software of the device. Restart your pc. Wait for Windows to detect and reinstall the video card. When you are notified that the configuration is finished restart the PC again Download the Nvidia drivers version 191.7. Links to Nvidia drivers . Install the driver and after reboot the PC for the last time.

Re: nVidia BSOD nvlddmkm.sys - Depop

I've tried this but it says

Can't open input file: nvlddmkm.sy_

Could you please refer me to how I navigate to the system32drivers folder through Command prompt? I also tried your example and it didn't work as a command.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast