Thread: Mouse settings reset to default every time

Mouse settings reset to default every time

Hi, I have a computer with Windows Vista installed on it. Recently I purchased a new Logitech Mouse and since I am a left handed person, I am trying to change the right click button to work as left click and vice versa. This settings works fine when I am working on my pc. But when I restart the computer, the mouse settings changes itself back to its default. So, is there anyone who can tell me how to permanently set this thing up. Thanks for any replies.

There are many people who have posted about this problem on many sites. Most of them say that it is a problem with the Logitech pointing device. So i have uninstalled the Logitech's Setpoint software from my computer and the issue seems to be fixed. But without this software we cannot have the full functionality of the logitech mouse and keyboard which is another problem. Since these devices are not meant to be run on Vista, I guess I will grab myself microsoft product which will work properly on Vista system. Anyways, if there are any other solutions then please let us keep updating.

There is fix for this issue with the logitech mouse and keyboard. All you need to do is go to Start and then in the search box type "msconfig". After that a windows will pop up, just click on the Start Up tab and then de-select all the logitech items from their. After that uninstall all the logitech software and do a restart of the computer. Check if the mouse is working properly, if not then try going into hardware setting and then from their disable the HID mouse and fix the SitePoint. Vista will automatically install the mouse and eveything will be fixed.

Re: Mouse settings reset to default every time

I have a Microsoft mouse and I'm having the same problem, don't bother.