Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Vista Hardware Devices

Old 17-02-2007

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I have Windows Vista installed in my system and at random times I get this error "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." The screen gets blank for some time and then comes back to normal with a pop up windows that says display driver had some error and windows has now recovered. Is there anyone who is facing similar issues? How do i recover from this problem, can anyone please help.

Old 18-02-2007

RE: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully re

Even I am facing similar issues on my 32 bit Windows Vista system, build on Intel i945 mobo, and pentium d 3ghz processor and also an geforce 7600 gs graphics card. I think that this issue is happening because of some buggy nvidia graphics driver that i have recently upgraded to, i will try to uninstall some old video drivers and check if that will work in my case though.
Old 04-12-2009

Yes, you should try to uninstall the latest buggy version of the nvidia graphics driver released recently by them and install previous or old versions. To uninstall, you should see to it that not a single driver remains on your pc and then only follow up by installing the old ones. For this purpose, you could try a tool called Revo Uninstaller. It is not just a tool to uninstall programs, but also a manages start item and cleans the same as well as removes traces of unnecessary files.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Tags: , , , ,