Thread: Duplex printing for the HP 7310 native drivers working incorrectly

Duplex printing for the HP 7310 native drivers working incorrectly

I have installed both Windows Vista 32 bit and also Vista 64 bits and the drivers of hp officejet 7310 printer isnt woking properly on both OS'es when ever i try to print in duplex option. It always prints it in file up format rather then normal book format printing. Is there any compatibility issue with this printer on Vista, help is required.

Even i am facing similar problems and I have already notified HP about this by emailing them but they havent responded to me about this problem. The duplex option is not at all working for me, either the file up format or the normal book format, I would like to know how did you perform one of this options in your system anyways. I even tried right clicking and running as admin, then went to properties and in device settings I checked installable options and the first was the duplex unit, but that didnt work either. I guess a new driver for vista is needed.

Yes exactly, HP has recently released a newer driver for the HP 7310 that is supported in Vista. And if you want to get the Duplex settings to be working again then all you have to do is go to the printers and from their click on properties, then go to device settings and here you have to enable the duplexer option. If this works then its good, but if it doesnt then you can even try to download the drivers of the HP Deskjet 6500 series and install it in your vista system and your printer will start to work again without any issues.

HP has officially mentioned on their support site that there were many hp printers that were having problems with printing with an automatic duplexer in Vista Operating System. What happens is that the back side of the page comes out upside down even if the driver settings are made correctly. So to solve this issue, they have released a patch which can be downloaded from here for your HP 7310 printer model.