Thread: Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1102 not working on Windows Vista

Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1102 not working on Windows Vista

After Vista RC1 upgrade I am facing issue with the internal DVD rom. It is Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1102. After performing Vista RC1 update the first thing that failed to work is DVD rom. There is one of DVD drive connected. I am not sure about the model but it is quiet old. Both of them are detected under device manager. Toshiba DVD ROM is the new one that I had purchased most recently. Whenever I insert a disc I am getting a error message on my screen that no disc inserted. It is not reading anything at all.

Check for fresh updates. They might be causing the issue. Check in Device Manager whether the drive is listed properly. It is visible or not. Vista needs more newer drivers I think. You can get fresh driver update from the official website and it is quiet a appropriate solution.

I had face the same kind of issue on my Samsung Sata drive. I was not able to work on the same due to Vista upgrade. I had look for the drivers on official website but nothing was found. CD/DVD ROM usually does not has any kind of drivers. The work quiet properly on their own.