Thread: D-Link DWL-G510 64 bit drivers

D-Link DWL-G510 64 bit drivers

Yesterday I bought a new D-Link DWL-G510 pci lan card and installed it on my computer. The problem now here is that Vista 64 bit is not able to recognize this lan card and therefore it is unable to find any drivers for it. When I asked dlink support about same they told me that they dont have 64 bit drivers for this lan card for vista. I wonder how will I get this thing to work on my OS. Can anyone help me out please.

Have you tried installing the Windows XP driver in compatibility mode in Vista for this lan card? Just right click on the .exe file of the driver and then choose properties and then click on compatibility tab and tick mark xp in the given list of options and then try to install the same driver. If it works then its well and good but if it doesnt then you may have to return the lan card and buy another one that will work with Vista or so.

Re: D-Link DWL-G510 64 bit drivers

Can you check whether the hardware of the lan card is Rev C, because if it is so then you can connect it with a wired adapter and then try to use Windows Update which will download its required driver in your vista system. I think that after the RTM version there were some wireless drivers that were available and will not be on Vista installation media.

Re: D-Link DWL-G510 64 bit drivers

Even I was able to fix this issue on my Windows 7 64 bit operating system. First of all I started internet on my pc through other device and then used the Windows update to download all the necessary updates or software for the devices that are connected in my machine. After that I went to device manager and there was an unknown device listed on which I simply right clicked and choose to update drivers. Windows started searching for the drivers online and then downloaded and installed them. Now this same pci card is working without any problems in my system. Hope that this solution works for you as well.