Thread: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe Not Recognized

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe Not Recognized

My motherboard is Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe. It has Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit OS installed in it. Vista installation went fine, but somehow the motherboard is not working proper. There are number of hardware which are not detected. I cannot use Asus monitoring software on Vista also. There are many unknown devices which are listed under Device Manager. I had tried to locate the drivers through motherboard disc, but there are not working.

I am too having a similar board with me. The issue here is that I am not able to install the audio driver. I have around 4GB ram while Vista shows only 2GB. Where is the other 2GB. While compared to Windows Vista, Windows XP works very well on the same. The existing driver disc that I had is much better and proper.

The motherboard - A8N32-SLI Deluxe has Vista drivers. I had checked on the official website. But due to some reason Vista is not stable. The major issue lies with the hardware drivers update. The audio, ethernet, etc nothing works out. I am trying to create a system restore disc on it. I created a dedicated partition and using tools like Ghost or Acronis. But somehow the recovery partition is not detected on boot. Because it is commonly found that when you do any changes in Vista, the system performance is affected.

You guys are doing something wrong. I had the same motherboard. And I can use Vista properly on the same. See if the existing drivers not work then simply visit the hardware manufacturer website. Like for Realtek you must download and update appropriate drivers. Or else the system will not work properly. If you are having some nvidia cards then you can try finding nvidia drivers officially for Vista. I had did this changes and my system works well. I have a 64bit Edition of Windows Vista.

In my system the only problem lies is with the USB port. It is the only thing which is not working. While other stuff are quiet fine. I contacted the tech support, but they are too slow to reply. I am having a dual boot system. In which at one side everything works quiet nicely with XP while Vista does not look much happy.

Recently I had found a number of systems which are dealing with a specific kind of issue. The common thing among them all is the same Asus board. First I got some systems which are facing issue with firewire port. They are not detected at all. At some place there was issue with ethernet and sound also. I tried to update bios and run some crucial windows update to find whether this thing is going to work fine or not. But the problem still lied intact.

The chipset used in the Asus board that you have is NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI MCP. Now if you are not able to locate some appropriate drivers for this, then you will face common errors. It is a nice board but is not meant for Vista. There are less chances that you many tons of more errors if you try to install a 64bit edition. Locating hardware specific drivers is not easier for everyone. So it is recommended that you must go with a simple process of using Windows XP and stick to that unless we can find a stable version of Vista.