| || |
| || |
Join Date: Oct 2005
Follow the below method to fix this issue:
- First login to your admin account and turn off UAC.
- After that put the controller's disk in the dvd drive and then run the setup.exe.
- The installation will begin, just follow the instructions of selecting region and accpeting agreement and keep the default location.
- At one point you will view that the progress bar will zip through installing the program files and then the profiles, here it will ask you to exit the install, simply click on yes.
- Now, before pluggin in the controller, open device manager and find out the Human Interface Device and click on its plus sign.
- Now, plug the controller and under the HID heading you will get 2 new devices listed, which is HID-compliant device and Usb human interface device, even though you may or may not get a message about drivers getting installed.
- You have to right click on HID-compliant device and check the option to update its driver.
- After that click on the option to browse my computer for driver software and pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- You will get a choice in the next windows of HID- compliant device or Microsoft SideWinder Strategic Commander HID drivers, simply click on next to install the driver.
- Windows will let you know that the drivers has successfully updated and you will have two new devices under HID.
- Again, repeat the same driver update procedure for Usb human interface device and after it is installed you will have to restart your computer and after that your Sidewinder Strategic Commander will work fine.