Thread: Conexant HD Audio not working

Conexant HD Audio not working

I have just 2 days back done an upgrade from XP to Windows Vista and since then the audio is unable to work on the HP laptop that I have. I have tried numerous method to fix this issue by researching on the net, but to no avail anything is working out for me. I have even tried the latest update from the HP website, but that didnt go well. Is there anyone who can solve this problem. Thanks

I am having Windows Vista 64 bit installed on my HP dv8000 and am also facing similar problems, the sound on this laptop doesnt work as well. I have triedto install the Conexant High Definition drivers on this laptop, which was suggested to me by HP support, but there seems to be no luck either. This is really pathetic when contacting HP about the problem and even they dont know any solutions for this kind of problem.

I have a solution for this issue. You need to take out all the Conexant High Definition Audio driver and/or software from the control panel and you should also uninstall the audio device in the device manager. After that restart the laptop and then let Windows find a driver for it automatically. If that doesnt work then download a driver from this link, which is a driver of Compaq Presario V5000 CTO laptop, and then manually install the driver by going into device manager and then in audio device try to browse the location of this driver stored on your machine and install it from there. After that you can try to download the latest version of the Conexant High Definition Audio Driver and install it in your system and voila, you will get the sound device working in your laptop.