Thread: HP LightScribe writer not working in Vista Home Premium

HP LightScribe writer not working in Vista Home Premium

I am using HP A1440n Media Center PC. It came with Windows XP installed. I upgraded that to Vista. I checked properly and Vista will work or not. But thing went fine. All drivers and other stuff are updated except the lightscriber writing. I have two optical drive in my system. Once is a old CD rom that and the other one is a LightScribe. It is not working. I checked the drivers and search some updates also. In device manager it is listed as HL-DT-ST DVDRR GSA-H21L ATA Device. HP's support site does not offer any driver for that.
    Anyone has any idea what wrong I did.

Right click on that drive and uninstall it. Then reboot and check back. The drive will be installed. That is the default driver Vista use. But for LightScribe you need additional drivers and software. It came with the set of disc that you receive at the time of purchase. You can try checking the connectivity and other important options. Or else it would be complicated for you to locate appropriate drivers. I do not think Windows Update can help you on the same.

I am having a HP PAVILLION A1723W. It also has Vista and ligtscribe disc. It is working. When I tried to create a DVD out of that it gave me a error saying that Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. If the device is listed in My Computer then I can assume it must be working. I am trying to fix the error but yet not achieved any success in that. It is right this device needs a set of drivers to run ligtscribe, but that must be available through Windows Update.

Just click on the below link. You will be able to find the right drivers. There is a small update which is provided and it will be very helpful for you. I had installed this on my system and the device started working. It is quiet necessary that you keep all your old drive disc saved so that you can update that when needed.

Lightscribe Driver Download